Mewsings from Lowecat (aka Indianacat)

My rants, ravings, and overall 'mewsings' on life, the universe, and everything.

Sunday, November 04, 2012

It Doesn't Feel Like It's Been Six Months




Six months ago today, at 405PM, my Daddy died.  Sometimes it seems like it's been forever, and then there are times that it seems as fresh as the day it happened. 


There's not a day that goes by that I don't miss him.  His calls, his prayers.  This coming holiday season is not going to be easy.  I dread it.  My birthday, Mom's (my step mother's) birthday, and Christmas are all going to be dreary without him.


I now know what Christine Daae meant in 'Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again' where she asks why can't the past just die? 


So if you see me and I look a little sad today, just give me a hug.  Even a cyber hug is OK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home