Mewsings from Lowecat (aka Indianacat)

My rants, ravings, and overall 'mewsings' on life, the universe, and everything.

Sunday, July 04, 2004

catching up

know it's been awhile since anything's been added here. Things have been popping right and left in life.

To start with, SBC officially split relationship with me 16 June. The manager of labor relations did suggest a return to work under very stringent guidelines, but the dept head said no, and the termination was official. Arbitration by the union is the next step, but it could take up to 18 months for them to make a decision, so I'm on the job hunt and waiting for unemployment comp to kick in. SBC tried to fight it, but they did a shoddy job of doing so, and I sent plenty of info to back up my claim.

The job hunt is a little easier thanks to being able to apply on line for positions and to search on line though the state employment service. Less wear and tear on me and the car. Not to mention it saves on postage, though some employers still deal with snail mail.

Life is otherwise good. The DH keeps busy on his job, the cats keep me entertained, and there is always something to do around the house. So life goes on.



Happy 4th of July and be safe!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home