Mewsings from Lowecat (aka Indianacat)

My rants, ravings, and overall 'mewsings' on life, the universe, and everything.

Sunday, June 01, 2014

A Message fpr All Grieving Pet Parents







Dear Pet Parent


You looked at me with such sadness and incredible guilt when you decided the time had come to give me my freedom from pain.  The sadness I could understand, but why you feel guilty for giving me the ulitmate gift from your loving heart?  I don't blame you.  I love you for having the courage to allow me to leave this world with grace, dignity, and no pain. 

We had a great life together from the day I chose you to be my human.  You loved me, fed me, took care of me, and prevented me from adding to the unwanted pet population.  You gave me the best years of my life.  We knew that eventually the day would come when we'd have to part for awhile, but thanks to your love and care, that day took a long time to arrive. 

But it finally did arrive.  I got sicker and weaker with each passing day.  You took me to the vet, gave me medicines, worried about me.  I might not have always appreciated your efforts at the time, but I knew you did it because you loved me and wanted me to get well.  

There came a time when the medicines weren't working, and I became less happy in Life.  I couldn't play, couldn't walk, couldn't sit on your lap.  It hurt to live, and worse, it hurt to love you.   All I wanted to do was cross the Rainbow Bridge where I could be myself again. 

You bravely took me for our final ride together, and brought me to the vet.  You cried so hard when you said 'goodbye' for the final time.  I wished then for the gift of human speech to be able to comfort you, and to tell you that it was OK, that I was ready and loved you for having the courage to help set me free from pain.  

Yes, I'm gone from this plane of existence.  I can no longer sit on your lap or lie beside you and purr.  I can't chase after you from room to room, nor play with my toys anymore.  But that's OK.  I'm free from pain.  I can frolic and enjoy all the things I used to love before the sickness took over.  The only thing missing is YOU. 

But I can see you from time to time, and it breaks my little heart that you feel so guilty.  Please take comfort in that fact that I loved you then, and I love you now.  I'll always be curled up in your heart, and i'll be waiting for you on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge.  


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home