Mewsings from Lowecat (aka Indianacat)

My rants, ravings, and overall 'mewsings' on life, the universe, and everything.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanks



Most of the time, this blog is full of hissin' at the things that irk me. Sometimes, I post about things that give me joy. Hey, I'm a female curmudgeon, what did all y'all expect?



With Thanksgivin' loomin' ahead, thought I'd share the things I am thankful for. Keep in mind, there is no particular order to this list. It's just a list of the things that make me happy.



Yes, I do get happy every once in a while!



Life. Bein' alive, despite the obstacles sometimes put in the way, is a good thing. While there are sayings like 'The good Lord doesn't give us any more of a burden than He thinks we can handle" (my rejoinder is that sometimes I think He has too much faith in me!) and 'if it doesn't kill you, it'll make you stronger', while annoyin', are true.



Friends, both in real life and cyber life. Even when we don't see eye to eye on some issues, you lift me to new heights by your presence and support.


Real life friends who have endured the many years. We've loved, fought, disagreed, agreed, been silent for a long time, and then come back as if nothin' ever seperated us. You mean more to me than you know.



My husband and furbabies.



Family, whether by blood, marriage, or chosen to be in the family circle because of life circumstances, you mean more to me than I can say.


The gift of creativity and the ability to share that gift with others.



Music.



My motorcycle for the freedom it gives me.



Having a job in this economy and a way to get to work. Having a job enables us to have a roof over our heads.



All of you.



Happy Thanksgiving!

1 Comments:

Blogger Razormuse said...

Beautiful thoughts! Happy Thanksgiving to you & your's (and the fur babys)Peace @harlee_rider

November 23, 2011 at 5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home